Ssc Jd Sports Discount - In England... How? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ssc Jd Sports Discount - In England... How?

kmcca5

Just been on the phone to JD sports, insert the words arse and elbow into a well known phrase and you have the basic idea. So has anyone found a way around the fact there is little or no Scotland Kit in stock down here for me to get my SSC discount. Anyone done this, help please, if not for me for my poor children that want Scotland bits for Xmass.... Please, think of the children!

Usually you can get a store to order it in for you but you have to pay upfront. When you go to the store to collect you effectively return it to them and then buy it back and they can then apply your discount (I paid with card and discount was refunded back to that account), think it is only the store manager who can/know's how to do this in most cases.

Usually you can get a store to order it in for you but you have to pay upfront. When you go to the store to collect you effectively return it to them and then buy it back and they can then apply your discount (I paid with card and discount was refunded back to that account), think it is only the store manager who can/know's how to do this in most cases.

Cool, will pop into my local store and see what they say.

As above in the Ipswich store, I order online pay full price then go into store to gain a refund back for the difference or refunded the full amount then pay the discounted total . Either way they should honour it. Never had too much of a problem before but it was clear I was telling them about a discount they didn't know exsisted. Imagine they never bothered to tell stores in England

In Newport I ordered by going into the store, then returned the following week to collect (or that was the idea - they fecked up the order but that's another story).

After a bit of arguing with the lassie behind the till who knew nothing of the discount, then the manager who also knew nothing of it I eventually paid the discounted price and got the goods the following week.

I had to show him the website/emails showing entitlement to the discount and he eventually put it through minus the 15%.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

I emailed JD to say that my nearest store is 2000 miles away and could not therefore use my SSC discount in store.....sent all my SSC details and they replied on Friday to say they will shortly send me a code to enter online to get my 15% discount......result!

I emailed JD to say that my nearest store is 2000 miles away and could not therefore use my SSC discount in store.....sent all my SSC details and they replied on Friday to say they will shortly send me a code to enter online to get my 15% discount......result!

Did the same and they're going to refund me 15% as I'm in shetland and my nearest store is Aberdeen, result! nice one Davy :beer2:

My brother manages as JD Sports store in Leeds, and he advised no comms were sent out on this.

Yep, I showed the Manager my email from SFA about discount, he had to call head office and spoke to about 3 people before he got anyone that had a clue. He was very good about it.

Yep, I showed the Manager my email from SFA about discount, he had to call head office and spoke to about 3 people before he got anyone that had a clue. He was very good about it.

Sent message through their contact us on website and reply I got was they had no clue about it and asked me to contact SSC

You basically need to call jd and be persistent. Send them a copy of the ssc email. There are no codes for this diacount and the SSC can't do anything to help. Jd head office will authorise it with gentle persistence.

Do what I did and Pop into your local English JD Sports, ask for the manager, be courteous, "sorry to bother you" etc accept that the will likely take pity and take the Piss a little because you are a Scotland fan, Try not to get irritated by this there not far wrong and we are sh!t at the moment but will rise again etc.

Edited by kmcca5